Sunday, 20 April 2014

Happy Easter



Yep , it's been a while but I'm popping by to wish everyone a Happy Easter . I hope every one is relaxing and doing whatever they like to  do at this time of year . I know we are !

The weeks are whizzing by and to be quite honest I've been very low of late and struggling to cope with every thing that has been going on . As well as my mums accident ( she is still in care and progressing nicely but we are looking at the end of May for her Halo frame removing which means she will be back at home then ) my husband has changed his job as well as the hours he works , unfortunately  he is now working a lot of late shifts . So my routine as I knew it has totally changed . But we all have things that are sent to challenge us and I just need to adapt and stop feeling sorry for myself . Yet I think the thing that has really unsettled me is my lack of creating/making time , creating is what makes me tick , it's who I am and I am never more happy and at peace than when I have a needle in my hand stitching or making something or trying out a new idea . I have managed to get a couple of makes under my belt which I think has just about kept me from going loopy . On my last post I shared with you Mr & Mrs Mill Mouse , well before they were dispatched to their new home I had a play with their packaging which I got quite excited about . I seem to have a thing for brown paper and boxes at the moment .


I loved doing this , stitching a box lid and card bunting with my sewing machine ........

..........and putting little extras with the finished item and giving things an extra special tweak.

I've also been experimenting with using bright colours too.


I keep grabbing moments to sew even if it's only for 20 minutes .


But to help keep my sanity I have spent a lot of time in the kitchen  , it is my retreat too place when life feels a bit hard or I'm stressed . I think this is why I have always had a weight problem ever since I was a child as I've always been an emotional eater , except now I share my makes rather than eating it all myself and  feed other people  ,  my family are the main recipients of my  makes but also very appreciative neighbours often have a potion of something indulgent going their way too.

Homemade Apple pie , mmmmmmmm.

Home grown Rhubarb which I turned into ..........

Rhubarb and Ginger cheesecake .


An all time favourite Rhubarb and Apple crumble with custard .

I do cherish and get comfort from the fact that I am able to provide , homegrown , homemade and handmade things for my family and friends as well as myself and I am extremely thankful for this as it is such an important and integral part of my life and at the moment the thing that keeps me grounded .

I've had a lot of pleasure over the last couple of days preparing for Easter and I gave myself a little treat for Easter in the way of a small bunch of  Ranunculus . I decided to make a Spring time flower arrangement with theses as well as adding some in season flowers from my tiny little garden  . I just adore the wild looking floral arrangement and it cheers me up every time I look at it. It's so nice to enjoy flowers from plants you have nurtured with your own hands .





Back in the kitchen my youngest helped me to make decorations for our Easter cake , which this year is Carrot cake . We had great fun making fondant carrots .......

........and I had great fun making the cake , as well as having a slice today , nom nom nom !


It's been so nice to to share with you guys , I do miss not getting chance to call by as often as I used to . 
Once again I would like to wish you all a Happy Easter .
Thanks for popping by and ta ta for now .
Tracyxx

30 comments:

  1. Dear Tracy,

    Your creativity is inspirational! I know how you feel; creating makes me tick too like so many others. I wish you lots of luck in this transitional phase in your life. I'm sure you will come out of it smiling in a few, short weeks.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mice they are so cute. All your baking looks yummy too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, not sure which looks most yummy, the cheese cake or the carrot cake?? Can I have a small slice of both please?
    Also love the mill mice "girls" spring out fits, they are sooOOOOooo cute!
    Bye, Jay x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos Tracy - lovely to see the little Mill Mice trying on some new outfits. I love mixing bought flowers with what I have from the garden - makes me feel like a proper florist! Hope you're enjoying a good Easter break x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your sweet post, Tracy, and I do hope you soon feel more settled and into a happy routine again! Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter Tracy. I love your sewing so sweet. And all your Easter decorations look fab.
    Wow that cake you are so talented.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't leave me a lone with that carrot cake if I was you, looks so good x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cake!

    Victoria in Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're finding little moments to feed your creative side. I so love your little creatures and they always bring a smile to my face. Thank you for sharing them with us! I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I LOVE the mice! MR & MRS! Very cute, you have displayed the gift so beautifully too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In the midst of all the changes in your life thanks for sharing your wonderful creativity, Tracy! You inspire me. Happy Easter to you and yours. [I just learned how to follow a pattern for a bunny made from a knit square and posted about it. Great fun :)]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Easter, Tracy. Sorry you're not getting enough time for creativity. try to keep your chin up!
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mice are gorgeous and the presentation of Mr&Mrs was lovely and I am sure will be much appreciated. I know just what you mean about having time to be creative, creativity is good for the soul and mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is nice! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful post Tracy. Its a struggle when you feel you're having to battle to create. Deep breaths and chin up. Keep grabbing little moments when you can, it won't be long before you're able to really get going again. I love your work and I can't wait to see what happens when you can really spread your wings x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a really lovely post Tracy. I know you dont feel too good at the moment but I am hoping that things will improve soon for you. I adore your bunnies and the cake.You are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely makes, thanks for sharing the photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry you've been feeling down but looks like you're on your way back up now. Love all the goodies you've shared with us today. The yummy ones look absolutely delish but how you've packaged those mice is just fab. Stick with it, life will get better, x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, Trancy. What a wonderful cake, years ago I made also Carotts by hand. Your blue collection is realy enviable.

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely display you have there. I love your blue China. And what a beautiful world you live in. Amazing how you dolled up that plain box. The packaging for your mice couple is terrific. The couple is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry you've been feeling a little down. I'm not good with change either, and I start to feel overwhelmed if I don't have any time for creating. I do hope you are able to adjust and find regular amounts of creative time soon. The mice are wonderful, so beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooooo it's all just scrumptious :) But especially the carroty cake :)
    I found your blog bloghopping just now. I empathise with change and upheaval causing lowness of mood, I thrive on routine and had a big change last year when I stopped working, it's taken ages for me to settle into things, I think you are right, you just keep doing what you can to make your heart happy, even if it's a tiny bit at a time.
    Jillxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad to hear you Mum is doing well, I do hope she is home very soon. Oh my word, I know just what you mean, I am wondering if creativity is in fact addictive ..... if I don't create something at least once a week then I feel really tetchy and not me at all . Maybe have a few projects on the go that you can start and stop when you are able to get some creative time in to keep you going until you get into a new routine x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Chin up, love the mice. It a funny thing creating stuff, it gets under your skin and in your head, but wonderful when the ideas turn into reality, like your mice. Make the time to create and you will be able to cope with anything! Take care Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  25. It takes courage to tell about the not-so-good times, thank you for sharing and bless you!
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  26. Am trying your spiced chicken recipe this week - thanks. Co-incidentally we had rhubarb crumble for lunch. I enjoy your blog and your wonderful creations. I share your love of blue and white china too but don't have a super dresser to display on......one day: yours looks just pefect. I hope that things settle down with your Mum. She sounds a great lady.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi there, just catching up. So glad that your Mum is doing OK and that getting out of hospital is in sight, she and you must be very glad about that. I hope that you are having a good week and finding some time for some making! Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful packaging, lucky recipient! The cheesecake looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely post. Love your photos. The flower arrangement is gorgeous. I did formal flower arranging for years, including church flowers for 13 years or so but now I love simple flowers put into a vase or jug, looking as thought they are still growing in the garden. Hope all is going well with your mother, must be a worry for you. Keep on being creative ........ It's so therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  30. just came by your blog via facebook..had to say what a wonderful post it was flowers beautiful cakes beautiful hand work lovely china...I hope you had a great day as you made my day happier...:] happy day margie

    ReplyDelete