Sunday, 10 November 2013

Having a prodding good time !!

 Well hello and I'm so sorry it's been a while since I last popped by but life is pretty full on at the moment .

Yesterday was a big day for The Studio , it was our first workshop .We've been building up for this for a while now and I have been busy liaising with Coopers Cafe-bar and  Rachel from Bewitched by Stitch as well as corresponding with people attending the workshop. Making sure everything was organised and in place for our Rag Rug Wreath workshop . It was so exciting on Friday , Rachel  myself and Lucy started getting the space ready for Saturday . Lucy and I wanted people to feel relaxed and comfy in the space as if they were sat at home creating . As you can see The Studio has started to take on a festive feel about it .







                                                                          Comfy corner
 Rachel and I arrived early Saturday morning to get the two rooms ready ( as we were using the room next door as a cutting and sorting room ).
 Rachel made a display of here own work to help inspire people in there Rag Rug journey .
 When your get up close to the Rag Rug pieces they have such a tactile textural quality to them and it just makes you want to run your hands over and through the pieces .


 Rachel was very organised and experienced at setting up and Teaching this course and we were ready in no time . Myself , Lucy  and Rachel met everyone down stairs and what a lovely group of ladies they were too . Then Rachel took them off to start their creative day ..


 After Rachel had done her first demonstration and took everyone through to start choosing and cutting their colour palates of fabrics I had a sneaky peek in the studio to take some pictures of their work so far which were practice sample pieces .


 Here are some of the rag rugger's in full swing choosing and cutting fabrics , it was a hive of activity and everyone was on a mission , there was areal buzz about the room .

 Everyone was getting ready to start prodding those rags ( actually beautiful little strips of colour and texture ) .




 Even the back of the wreaths are beautiful !

Every so often I would just pop in to see how the wreaths were coming on . It was really interesting to see how different the colour palates were and there were some yummy combinations of colours .
 The back of this one was a particular favourite of mine as it reminded me of pebbles on a beach . Now I look at it in this picture it also reminds me of our little cobbled streets we have here in our Yorkshire town .
 I really fell in love with Rachel's wooden prodders and hooks she had for sale , they were a delight to hold .

I was amazed how quickly the wreaths started to take shape , it was getting very exciting at this stage . People were eager to see other peoples but also to see their own near completion . There was quite a spur of activity as one lady got to the stage for attaching the rag rugged piece to the wire frame and then back it . 



















As you can see different people got to different stages by the end of the day with amazingly different looks to their individual pieces . I would love to see them all when they are all completed . I know one of the wreaths is going to have a velvet orange carrot hanging in the middle , some are going to put hearts in the centre and others are going to do flowers . Everyone said they had enjoyed this creative experience , they thought Rachel was an excellent tutor ,  the food was fantastic ( thank you Suzanne and so sorry that there are no pictures of the food as I was really busy serving everyone and forgot ) it was said that the venue was wonderful and it was a lovely day .

I would like to thank all of the ladies who attended our first workshop as you  made it a very special day , there was such creativity going on in out little studio and it  was fantastic to see . This is a bit of a dream of Lucy's and mine to offer creative days /workshops/experiences to those who would like to give it a try , we really want to develop this part of The Studio ( our heads are buzzing with ideas ) and it is a very exciting first step into creating our dream . Also a big thank you to the very talented and creative Rachel from Bewitched by Stitch who is running our next date for this workshop on the 30th of November ( only 2 places left ) . But there will me more dates coming in the new year with Rachel as well as ourselves . Also a big thank you to Suzanne who supplied outstanding coffee and excellent tea and nourished everyone with warm crumpets on arrival and homemade soup and panini's and salad at lunchtime . Then mid afternoon supplied an extra treat with a two of plates of tempting sweet goodies with our afternoon  beverages , Suzanne you did spoil us .

Wow what a day to end the working week on and I'm looking forward to more .

Dates for your diaries : Lucy and I are planning two Open Studios before Christmas to coincide with Skipton's Medieval  Christmas markets , these will be on Sunday 8th December & Sunday 15th December 12pm-4pm . More information to follow soon .

If anyone would like to send me an image of their finished wreath that would be great as I would like to start a  photo board of peoples makes that could be displayed to inspire others .

Anyway it's been a busy week and the next one is just as busy so ta ta for now and thanks for popping by.
Tracy xx


19 comments:

  1. So lovely to hear from you again, looks like the studio is doing really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as though a great day was had by all, I love the wreaths that were made. I wish that I was closer so that I could come and visit or do one of your workshops. Perhaps one day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how lovely it all looks, and so messy with all the bits of fabric all over the place!!!!! I have lots of woollen fabric in a box waiting for me to cut up - I will be VERY messy. I want to make a rug, just a small one, to see how I go. I have a square of wood which I can use as a frame to put the hessian on. I'd loved to have come but was much too early for me.

    Hope I can make your open day and maybe visit the castle at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Campfire , I'm not sure how far away from Skipton you are but we have been talking about having a once a month either morning or afternoon get together for rag ruggers . A bit like a knit n natter for ragging , If you would be intrested could you let me know what days would be good for you . Friday mornings are a definate no( due to our knit n natter) as well as Saturdays (day for workshops)and Sundays ( Coopers is usually closed ).Hope you can make The Open Studio event .
      with regards Tracy .

      Delete
  4. How fun to host a workshop. Congratulations! Your studio space is terrific. It's so welcoming and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kepanie
      Yes it was fun to host as I do like making a fuss of people and it was so nice to see other people using our space . I'm looking forward to our next workshop .
      Enjoy the week ahead with kind regards Tracy x

      Delete
  5. Lovely to see how things are developing for you and Lucy. Great to be on the journey with you and its inspiring for the ones out here crafting to see what can be achieved with lots of hard work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks amazing! Unfortunately I can't make the next date so looking forward to the other workshops and may just treat a fab friend to some creative therapy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds as though you all had a lovely creative time. So clever, and such gorgeous results.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful day. You have created such a beautiful space in that studio, things are really happening there. Well done to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely photos and chat Tracy ... love the look of the wreaths with such rich colours ... glad you were kept busy photographing and waitressing ... a lovely day, well done for hosting in such a lovely venue! xx Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hermoso estudio y magníficos trabajos!Felicitaciones a ti y a Attic24.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a lovely day and very inspiring. I love your linen creations, especially your Christmas angel mouse. Will you be selling any this year on etsy? I can't see any on there at the moment and would be very interested. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you and Lucy! This is just the beginning of your dreams coming true. Thank you for the wonderful details, very interesting and I just wish I lived nearer. Good luck in your new venture x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It seems a lovely place to be! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow wow wow - wish I lived near and could take part - pics are fabulous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What you and Lucy have wrought here is an amazingly magnificent operation. I only wish, like so many other readers, that I lived nearby and could come touch the fabrics and smell the lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love love love this post....so colourful and jolly, and so so inspiring....wish i lived nearer as i would loved to off had a go at hooking..great post. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello there, I'm a little new to all this but I love your work and was wondering if there was some way of buying maybe a Christmas mouse? I have tried going on etsy but can't find your things, I'm sorry for being useless, but I really would like to own something made by you...can you help?

    ReplyDelete