Sunday, 9 June 2013

The date is set !!

Well the date is set , It's soooooooooo exciting  our first Open studio event !!! Oh boy are Lucy and I busy .
But I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to the two lovely ladies that own Coopers cafe-bar  and who were kind enough to agree to let us reside up-stairs.
This is Roz one half of the dynamic duo !!

........and this is the very camera shy Suzanne , she seriously didn't want her picture taken .

Coopers Cafe-bar


We are looking at this as an opportunity to say hi and welcome to those of you who live near enough to pop in and see us . Why not bring a small project and come and join us , have some outstanding coffee and very scrummy homemade cake and soak up the creative vibe . I have been working hard to produce an array of textile temptations for you to buy . Yarnaholics will be able to find crochet inspiration from the visual display of the very familiar items from Attic 24 .I have  some new makes not seen before and here's a look at one new make that I have had creative fun doing .

Some time ago I bought a batch of 53  vintage / very old  pie tins from a local Antique shop , I just fell in love with them and I knew they could be turned into something interesting . Here is what I literally dreamt up at 1.30am  Monday morning ,   'pincushions'  and I love  them and no two are exactly the same .

Faded Floral

Mini Patchwork 



We are very excited about this very informal event in our cosy studio and there is going to be lots of colourful Crochet inspiration from Lucy . So pop the 29th June in your diary if you think you would like to join us and please get in touch if you have any query's , you can also reach me over on my Face book page @ Handmade over Yonder ' .

Well , lot's to do and thanks for popping by and I hope to see some of you in a few weeks !
Enjoy the week ahead and I hope you manage to squeeze a bit of creativity in there somewhere ,  ta ta for now . Tracy x

29 comments:

  1. You are wicked clever turning those cute, lil' pie tins into pushpin cushions! What an exciting atmosphere buzzing about in yours and Lucy's homes. Pls do post a lot of pics. The two owners of the super cute cafe look like fun women. Break a leg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wished I lived just that little bit closer! Love those pie tin pin cushions ~ what a fabulous idea and very practical too :O)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... That is so very exciting and fun.,I hope you have a great turn out and sale lots. I wish I could be there, I know it will be delightful, but I live in the other side of the world. I hope to hear all about afterwards. Good luck on this new, exciting endeavor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I love living in Cornwall, I wish I was closer to you up north. Good luck for your big day, I'm sure you'll be a huge success. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, I really wish I lived closer. Crafting and cake - a sublime combination! Good luck to you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very exciting. I wish you lots of luck in your new venture.Skipton is a fab place and I hope you get lots of visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impossible to visit from the Isle of Wight but wishing you and Lucy all the luck in the world ... lots of photos please ... you will be a great sucess xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, and good luck for the new buisiness.

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your open studio is a fab event and very very busy - your pie tins are adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always looks so fine and pretty. I wish I lived closer to you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your flyer could possibly lead people to thinking they could buy both your textile items and Lucy's crochet. However, I understand that Lucy is not selling. Some people seeing the flyer could be unaware and disappointed. I would expect that both your items were for sale from the flyer. Perhaps not a big problem, I hope not.
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a shame! It's Armed Forces Day that day and I'll be in Nottingham :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wish I could pop by and say hello. Have a super day - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh bother one pf the weekends I won t be in Yorkshire visiting family. :-( x

    ReplyDelete
  15. How I wish I could be there! South Africa is just a little too far to travel..... Good luck tho and have a fabulous day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how lovely.... I wish you and Lucy so much luck for the 29th June. I cannt be there, but I will be watching yours and Lucys blog very carefully for all the juicy updates. I LOVE your pietin pin cushions they are adorable and are such a brilliant idea. Well done, your very creative and talented. Please please please take lots of photos so we can all join in on the fun !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck on your opening from Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So excited for you and wish I could come to your opening! But being on the west coast of Canada makes that a bit difficult. :) What a nice cozy coffee shop...you guys are going to have great 'atmosphere'. MO

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love to come and see your lovely studio. I particularly like the long legged bunnies. I am trying to see if I can wangle either a train trip or a drive over. I am in Warrington but it's still a long way to travel. If I can't maybe I could come to Yarndale, as I've already bought the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh bother! I truly wish I lived close enough to pop over. I'm a regular visitor to your blog ... and to Lucy's ... and I love, love, love all your work. Sigh! I'm across the pond -- and on the other side of the continent in California. Have a glorious day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wishing you all the very best --- Lucy's Attic 24 is a source of pure delight for me. I'm also a "wisher" that I could be there - but am in New Jersey in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those little pie tins are absolutely wonderful. The cafe looks amazing, wishing you every success with the studio open day, I really wish I lived nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi - am really hoping to come but would love the postcode as I am travelling from Warrington and don't know Skipton very well - have followed Lucy since before baby b was born and you for the last year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JP
      Looking forward to meeting you on the 29th , our postcode is BD23 1RP (6-9 Belmont street, Skipton ) opposite B&M .
      With kind regards Tracy x

      Delete
    2. Oh, I'm from Warrington too!

      Delete
  24. How wonderful, wish I could join you. I am a former resident of Huddersfield but now live in Dallas TX USA, I miss Yorkshire so much and enjoy your pictures and reading your blog.
    Pam in TX.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you to every one for your good wished , sorry I haven't replied to you all but am a little busy sewing . I'm very excited about the open studio event as is Lucy . We were just saying today we are looking forward to meeting people .But for those who can't make it there will be lots of pics to help you feel as though you were there with us .
    Ta ta for now Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations, I really wish I lived closer, but Germany is to far away. Crafting and cake - a sublime combination! It all looks really wonderful and I envy and admire you. Good luck to you both :) (I hope you understand what I mean and it is not to wrong)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wished I'd seen this sooner as would have loved to have joined you. Hope the day went well.Julie x

    ReplyDelete