Sunday, 14 October 2012

nearly...!!

 

Well , it's busy around here at the moment , all the Hares are finished and quietly sleeping in their calico bag's patiently waiting for me to open my shop . I'm loving my new working week and am using my sewing days to the fullest . I have so much I want to share with you , I'm quite giddy with creativity at the moment . Firstly , I have made some time to sit and design  my product labels . As I am doing every thing on a budget of zero there is no money for fancy Graphic Designers , so as you can imagine I am trying to do everything myself !! But I am quite pleased with what I have come up with so far .







I have just got my business cards to make this week ( along with lots of other business related stuff ) , now I have finally decided on my business name .This has been a long process with lots of ideas bounced about and I ended up with ' Handmade Over Yonder' with a subtext of 'textile pieces handmade in the Yorkshire dales' . I am really proud of my Yorkshire roots and being a Yorkshire lass and I want to encapsulate this through my work .Today I have just set up a Facebook page if any of you are on Facebook why not pop by at www.facebook.com/HandmadeOverYonder and say hi .I am hoping by the end of this week to have an Etsy page up and running , where these lovelies will be heading .



So much to do !!!  As you may have noticed there is a bit of a Christmas flavor to my makes . I have  booked a table at  two craft events  , one at the begining of November and one in December. So it's full steam ahead with Christmas makes !! Some of these will be making their way to Etsy in the not too distant future !!




I have so many ideas at the moment I have to try and keep myself  focused !!
So with this in mind I'm off to do some jobs on my 'To Do' list.
Thanks for popping by and ta ta for now . X

24 comments:

  1. You have done a fantastic job! Congratulations. I do understand how much work is involved ;-)

    I too have so many ideas dancing around my head; I simply wish I did not have to sleep. I have just received my first mouse commission too ,-)

    I am sure you will sell out in a matter of minutes.

    Have a wonderful week dreaming and creating!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the venture, if there is any justice you should sell outin minutes xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hive of activity your place has been! Loving those sweet Christmas mice!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tracey what wonderful work, loving you tags too! I think my favourites are those dear Christmas mice....I shall be looking at your Etsy shop when it opens and I wish you every success on your new venture. You so deserve to do well.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The name is perfect and so are the tags! I believe a handmade item needs a handmade tag. They are as beautiful and artistic as your lovely creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, they won't stay on your Etsy shelves for very long!
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. PERFECTION! I can't wait for your Etsy shop to open...I just hope I get to nab a hare and have her winging her way to Australia sooner rather than later....xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! All your creations look awesome! Best wishes with your shop opening :)
    Smiles, DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing an amazing job! You are making your dream come true and I cannot wait to start purchasing. I am really hoping that you will have tree cushions in your shop!
    xo Thea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your new shop. I'll be looking out for your etsy goodies x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blimey!!!! You have been busy and the all look wonderful. I'm going to have to add a Christmas mouse to my Hare order.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best of Luck from a Canadian girl!! I know that your amazing hares will sell out in no time. They are unique and beautifully made!!
    Warm regards,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  13. They all look fantastic. Are you doing the Arncliffe craft fair?
    (https://www.facebook.com/messages/568171940#!/events/152262121579063/)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait for your Etsy shop to open! I wanna order something for my mum and maybe my aunts this Xmas. Liked your FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness - what wonderful creations. Want, want, want!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with the etsy shop and craft fairs. I'm sure you'll do well as your work is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love everything and wish I had an ounce of your talent. popping over to FB now : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tracy your makes are so lovely - and the labels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Tracy, you're in a fabulously productive place right now. Love your name Handmade over Yonder, and your labels are perfect : -)

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your stuff! Really want a christmas bunny! Do let us know when your etsy shop is open :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW,you are a very talented lady,I am on FB,will have a look at your page.GOOD LUCK with everything.xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your bunny's...........might have to ask Father Christmas for one of those! Good Luck x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh!! I WANT the little mouse elf with the pointy red hat!!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete