Sunday, 30 September 2012

Nearly there !!!

Well , what has It been ? ... 3 weeks me thinks !! Three weeks of utter euphoria and serious self doubting lows . My mind has been in a whirl , full of  ideas , designs and  plans with a big dose of worry . This was not helped by the fact that two weeks into my notice my employer requested  to see me and urged by my colleges asking if there was anything they could do to keep me ? Instantly I was thrown into a dilemma , but I threw in a proposal I had requested about 4 months ago and at the time it was rejected . Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth I thought I would give it a go . I'm still not sure I've done the right thing but I'm going to  work at school on a Monday , Tuesday  and a Wednesday for only 1 and 1/2 hours a day with no extra hours , no covering for absent staff . So with just 4 and 1/2 hours to work the rest of my time I can devoted to creating !! It also means I have a small wage at the end of the month to fall back on . I had sort of felt like I'd wimped out but I now view this arrangement at work as a happy compromise , but only time will tell !!


I have been steadily working away and I'm nearly there with the Hares , 9 are finished and bagged up just waiting for labels and three are just waiting to be embellished with buttons and faces . Here's a sneaky peak.






The one thing that has not failed me over the last three weeks has been my need to create . You may remember from a few months ago me showing you an angel I was developing and had in mind to create it a crocheted dress or tunic , well I have now scraped that idea  and am in the process of designing a Cardigan .

She still needs a muslin smock , hair and a face and generally finishing but I would like the cardigan worked out by the end of this week as then I can mock up a Christmas Angel . OOOww Christmas I'm so eager to get started on my Christmas creations !!

But as Autumn is now here I'm trying to also get some of my tree cushions on the go with it's autumnal colours. I have three backs underway  with one ready for leaves , I've been sat working on  these quite late at night when it's too late to have my sewing machine pounding away !!

I've also had the sketch book out working on new design ideas for cushions. So I've started collecting fabrics I would like to use on this owl idea  . But I'm in no rush to get one of these made I think it may sit on the back burners for a bit . I have Christmas things to make as soon as the Hares are finished.

One other delightful distraction from sewing over the last couple of days has been my youngests 6th birthday . Of course that did mean a batch of birthday buns and it was stipulated by said child that they had to be Star Wars buns . Cripes !! no pressure then and I hold my hands up I cheated by sticking Star Wars toys on for decorations . However the plus side for him was he got new toys to keep .



I do think my mojo has come back and am looking forward to the week ahead and it is my last week of my old 5day contract. Onwards and upwards and I must remain focused and positive .I suppose life would get seriously boring if everything was always straight forward !!
So ta ta for now Tracy XX.

18 comments:

  1. That is good if it works for you. Like you said a wage to fall back on. How lovely to have the additional reassurance that they think so much of you they want you to stay.

    Hares are looking lovely. Please can you email me when they are ready to sell.

    So glad things are going so well for you. The birthday cakes looked amazing. I remember doing a teletubbie one for Jose and she got to keep the teletubbie!! Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Poppy Cottage , of course I will e-mail you ;)I don't think It will be long now !!
    Have a lovely week and I hope it doesn't rain too much down by you !
    With kind regards Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it all goes well for you and works out as you hope. the Hares look amazing and the angel is coming along nicely - look forward to seeing the results and hearing how you plans work out hugs ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a thought - have you thought of selling the hares and angels as a kit. You could include fabrics, embellishments etc and instructions of how to create our own hare and package it in one of your bags. Although it takes away your creative work, it may be a way of making some extra cash? X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracy, I have been on hols and busy doing a party for my dad's 80th this weekend so I have only just caught up on my blog reading. Good for you going the creative route but the little bit of regular income will be so useful. Well done ;0) The hares are coming on a real treat...love them. Do you plan to open an Etsy shop....I only sell as a hobby but their rates are really reasonable. Keep creating....love the cupcakes too.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful hares. That's all :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are phenomenal! Keep on creatin'. Why not use Star Wars toys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kepanie , Wow !it is a bit hard for this modest Yorkshire lass to take on board such fantastic compliments .I am having to learn to embrace the fabulous support and encouragement I receive from blog land ,as I am quite a reserved (and self critical)person in the flesh. I have to have faith in my talents and and believe in what I'm trying to do .
      Thank you for your words of encouragement I really appreciate it .
      With kind regards Tracy . x

      Delete
  8. I just love your Star Wars cupcakes! I think my husband would want them too if he sees them :). And your hares.... they are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbra , thanks the cupcakes were a big success as well as the cupcake sparklers I had used instead of candles .My little one did love the bonus of extra new toys as well.
      Thanks for popping by with kind regards Tracy .x

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a good compromise! Careful of those extra hours and cover sessions creeping in, though!

    I just adore your hares, and your angel is beautiful too. *sighs* Long may your creative genius flourish!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali ,I am looking forward to this week as it is the start of my new hours ( and i have already turned down extra hours over the last week , I was quite proud of myself and my inner strength).All I can say is that my creative juices are flowing and bring it on !!
      Have a lovely weekend and thanks for the supportive and encouraging comments.
      With kind regards Tracy x

      Delete
  10. you are a very very talented lady in everything you do, all ur craftiness makes me smile and my heart sing xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy , Thank you for your wonderful comment . I love reading everyone's encouraging words as they make me smile and give me hope I'm taking my life in the right direction .
      Hope your having an enjoyable weekend and thanks for popping by .
      With kind regards Tracy . x

      Delete
  11. hello there... I must say I am in love with your hares!! do you sell these online? When I see them it brings back memories from childhood..I live so far from family and I am working on making my home filled with good childhood memories. Your Blog makes me smile and feel happy. If you do sell them, could u email me at jdpalmerhowe@hotmail.com. Thanks so much.
    P.s my son seen your pics of the cupcakes and he was very excited!! lol
    Take care Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jan H,Thank you for your compliments about my Hares I do love making them !They will be for sale very soon, I'm just in the process of deciding on business name and labels . Then I'm good to go !!I will email you just before they go on sale.
      I hope your having a lovely weekend and thanks for popping by .
      With kind regards Tracy x.

      Delete
  12. Hi Tracy, I have just stumbled upon your blog via Attic 24. I have just started to learn how to crochet and was googling away and found you. I got quite excited (and homesick) as I lived in your town for 13 years before moving to Australia. It's so lovely viewing glimpses through your photos. I wish I was still there as I would be gatecrashing your crochet group in a wink.....I know the pub!
    Your creations are amazing and I look forward to following.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Beth , I hope you have prepared yourself for becoming totally addicted to crochet!! As that is what normally happens when someone decides to take up the hook ( well that's what happened to my friends and I ). Your going to have so much fun with crochet ! If you were still here in our little town you would be more than welcome to our hooky Monday evenings at the pub .
    Thanks for popping by and have a lovely weekend .
    With kind regards Tracy .

    ReplyDelete