Tuesday, 11 September 2012

I've done it ...!!!!

Well , it's been a while (again ) but I have some exciting news to share with you ! This is a picture I took this morning whilst working under the eves , although it does not reflect the news I have to share it does show how I have felt these last few months . I've felt like there has been a dark cloud hanging over me and my indecision on how to move my creative life forward . I've known for some time now my creative life and all  that encompasses  has not been compatible with the hours my job takes up . After returning to work last week and having my creative time nibbled away at by staff training and staff meetings I came to the conclusion nothing was going to change unless I made it change .  So I've done it !!! I handed my notice in yesterday and have 3 and a half weeks left to work !!! Whilst I am quite scared at the loss of a regular income , I find my self feeling quite liberated . I am the master of my own destiny !!!
The view from the eves this afternoon suitably reflects how I feel about my future now , everything looks bright !!  I know it won't be easy and it is going to take a lot of hard work and working  long hours to achieve my ultimate goal of having my own business making and designing but it is in sight !! To be quite honest I am absolutely buzzing with creative ideas and I like it ! So I'm busy away under the eves getting on with things at every opportunity.


Another little project in my life which has been getting some attention recently is the improvement of my cake/ bun decorating skills for my sisters wedding next July . She came to visit a week last Friday and took me on a shopping spree to buy moulds and decorations to play with . Before we hit the cake decorating shops we decided on a theme loosely based on   Vintage buttons and broaches , lace and doilies with white and teal as the colour scheme (  us bridesmaids are wearing teal coloured dresses).

Just a few things I've been collecting with our theme in mind , so far I've got vintage laces , textiles ,crochet doilies and buttons . These will hopefully made into either bunting or a string of hearts for the wedding table .

Lovely moulds for making  vintage broaches and buttons to decorate our cupcakes ( buns ) , they were just what we had in mind !! Then we had a play and I think we had quite a productive afternoon trying out lots of ideas .


I got slightly carried away that weekend with baking and created some more cakes the next day , however a friend/ neighbour was more than happy to receive some of my bakes as my husband was complaining he was going to get fat with all the cake . Tosh ! we've been together since we were 17 and hes never ever had a weight problem and he has a perfect colestral level !! ( lucky man ).

Other lovely things we got to look at when thinking of wedding cupcakes were cupcake wraps , I was sent samples from a friend of a friend who produces high quality double sided cupcake wraps .  My oh my , they are on my list of wanties , she has also just set up a blog  called bludaisyuk.blogspot.co.uk. I have my eye on some large spots and polka dot ones as well as some Cath Kidston Esq ones too . She also joined our Monday evening crochet group and I think we may have a potencial hooky addict in the making !!

Just to finish off today's blog , I've had a couple of enquiries about where I got my chocolate button mould from that I posted about a couple of weeks ago , here are the details www.homeandkitchenskipton.co.uk
So thanks for popping by and ta ta for now .xx

29 comments:

  1. OMGosh, what an exciting and thrilling jump for you! I understand how it can be hard to leave one's job after being there for so long and having that security. You go! You are so talented. I can't wait to read along your independent, creative journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kepanie , thank you for your vote of confidence , exciting times !!! I have to give it a go , I didn't want to be looking back in years to come saying to myself " why didn't I just do it " .Life is too short and I want to show my children that anything is possilbe if you work at it .
      Thanks for popping by and enjoy the rest of your week . Tracy x

      Delete
  2. Such an exciting leap - I can't wait to see what you do. The bunnies look like they're keeping you busy and the cupcakes look delish :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonia ,very exciting times also a bit scarey!! lots of sewing on the go, whenever I get chance !!Roll on the next three weeks.
      Thanks for popping by and have a lovely weekend .
      With kind regards Tracy x

      Delete
  3. So happy for you, it's just the right decision all round. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hearher , I'm going to give it a shot !!
      Have a lovely weekend Tracy XX

      Delete
  4. I think this may be my first comment, I've been a silent witness :-) i think your hares are adorable, bully for you for taking the jump, you must feel so liberated! as we say in belfast - yeeeeoooooo! good luck, i hope it all works out amazingly

    ps those cakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terri , It's always nice to have a visit from someone new .Thank you I'm glad you like the hares I do love making them and I'm really looking forward to a future of being a designer maker .Days full of creating things , bliss!!
      Thanks for popping by and have a lovely weekend with kind regards Tracy .x

      Delete
  5. Great! The Cupcakes are wonderful, and your husband can be very happy with such a coestral level.

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sigrun , I have been having fun making the cupcakes but at least I still have 10 months to practice !
      Thanks for popping by and have a fab weekend .
      with kind regards Tracy x

      Delete
  6. Good luck with the new venture - I am sure you will make a huge success of it. Thank you so much for posting where you bought the button moulds - I'm definitely going to get one.

    Those cakes for your sister's wedding are just absolutely beautiful! Almost would be a shame to eat them!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki , Glad I could be of assistance with regards to the button moulds , but I do know they were out of stock last week . They assured me they were going to get some more but it might be best to phone the shop to check when they are expected to be back in stock .I'm sure you'll have lots of yummy fun when you get a mould .
      Thanks for popping by and have a lovely weekend Tracy xx

      Delete
  7. Good luck winging your way! You are really talented! Your rabbits are amazing and the cupcakes look so professional - your sister is very lucky to have you to help her
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Tracy
    Well done to you for taking that enormous step - I am sure it will turn out to be the best thing you ever did. Your cakes are absolutely beautiful too - your sister is very lucky and I am sure it will be a lovely day.
    Best wishes for your exciting future.
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! You are so creative! Those cakes are almost too pretty to eat! ... Almost! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Tracey, sometimes we just need to have a little bit of faith in ourselves and what we can do. You are an amazingly talented lady and I'm sure as sure can be that everything will work out x x x Have an lovely week <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go!!! That must have been a huge decision to make....sending you lots and lots of best wishes for your new adventure.

    Fleur xx

    (ps. those cakes are beautiful, your sister is so lucky)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just wonderful news. Congratulations on doing what we all dream about doing. Your cakes are totally amazing as always.

    I'm really chuffed for you. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! What an exciting decision! I wish you every success - you certainly deserve it. Is there a shop where we can buy your adorable hares?

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tracy, Wa-hoooooooski!! Congratulations on taking that leap to resign and start out on your own creative business. That's fabulously exciting and I wish you all the best : -)
    By the way, your little cupcakes are absolutely gorgeous, and I'd love to pop in for a cuppa and a bite to eat ... thanks for asking!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pleased that you have taken such a giant step, I'm sure you will do fine, congratulations. Love reading your blog. I hope you don't mind but my 11 year old daughter has taken some inspiration from you blog, and she is crocheting a granny square jumper for her rag doll, she has just made. We both thought it would be easier than sewing a dress for it at the moment, as she is now fed up of the sewing machine. She is also learning a new skill and doing well at it, she is enthralled as it is so much quicker than knitting. Anita and Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done, Tracy, for biting the bullet and going for what you want! Life's too short to spend it thinking "What if ......"

    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your buns are fabulous, they look really professional, well done.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done on leaving the job. I too left a job I'd grown to hate after 14 years and it was soooooooo scary. But after 3 years at home being a housewife and doing lots of lovely creative stuff, I really don't regret it. Sure, money is a bit tighter, but I am so much happier and it can be fun living on less money, as you find ways of coping and realise you can do without a lot of stuff you always thought you needed! Trust me, it will all work out fine. E.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am very excited for you. best wishes. frugal isn't bad. have you read the artist's way, by julia cameron? it's about 85 per cent caca (technical term), and about 15 per cent pure gold. part of the pure gold part is where she says make the time, invest the money in the space and the raw materials, or you're just another gasbag.
    proud of you.
    and, isn't this the same view lucy has at attic 24? exciting.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi from Denmark, what a great blog you have. I love your blankets, your cakes the real ones and the knitted ones ;) I will be looking forward to follow your " new life "

    ReplyDelete
  21. I so Envy your decision!
    Congrats & Good Luck x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Tracy, I just love it here! I have done a little blog post about blogs I love this week and I have mentioned yours. I do hope that's ok. If not, let me know. Naomi from redeemcreations.co.uk (I couldn't work out how to contact you other than comment - sorry, probably being a bit dappy1)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh the VERY BEST of luck, Tracy - I've only just read this as have been away and got out of syn with my blog reading (and blog writing too!) You've taken a very bold step but I'm sure you've done your homework and have realistic expectations. Your textiles are lovley and I'm sure will go on and develop.

    But hey - thos cup cakes! My goodness! They are fantastic! You have yet another string to your creative bow...well done you for having the faith in yourself, I hope (and I'm sure) you make a great success of it.

    ReplyDelete