Thursday, 23 August 2012

Busy Busy Busy !!!

Well goodness me I've been away for a while , I'm not going to make any excuses I'm finding the school holidays pretty full on !!!! It's busy busy busy every day but in a nice way .I am trying to go with the flow and fit in my sewing , crochet and knitting where ever I can and whenever the situation allows me to !!. I have realised  this evening while viewing the 216 photos I've taken since I last blogged I've made quite a few accomplishments . The first one of which is finishing my first Christmas Mouse which is for this Christmas. Angel mouse was looking so lonely !! I think they make quite the cute couple .

I'm busy under the eves and I've also been working steady away on the Linen Hares , this is the view from my chair at the work in progress .


So my hands have been busy when time has permitted , I do keep reminding myself that from little acorns grow big oak trees !!

One other thing I have realised when viewing my photo's was the amount of baking I've done . Due to the fact that my sisters wedding plans are taking shape and I'm in charge  of producing the cake ( I think we've decided on a two tier cake on a stand of vintage cupcakes ). My baking skills need to be brought up to a professional standard , I will admit I am no slouch in the home baking department but a professional I am not !! So I decided every time I baked I would practise a useful decorating skill ," practise makes perfect ".
So this is the fun I've been having in the kitchen .
I love using this cake stand as It was my Grandma's ,  especially with this vintage table cloth .
                  My first attempt at making iced biscuit's , not perfect but not too bad for a first go !!
 My first attempt at making roses with fondant icing , it was fun !! but more practise needed .
I had a bit of a Eureca ! moment whilst making these stem ginger biscuit . I wanted to put some wording on them and was musing over how it was to be done then . I thought I have little rubber stamp alphabet set , so I started playing and it worked !!( don't worry I did give them a good scrub before I used them ).
So another new and interesting technique learnt , I'm thinking I could put Mr & Mrs on them too. Due to the quite girlie theme to the buns and biscuits I thought I had better do something the boys  would appreciate .Dinosaur biscuits , this gave me another opportunity to practise my icing skills . Would you believe that they ended up arguing over the pink flowery buns , this did amuse me no end !

Then the other day I held a surprise afternoon tea party for a friends birthday ( well it was supposed to be a surprise picnic outing but it was raining ). So another baking opportunity arose and I wanted to try out my new chocolate button mould , it was time to play in the kitchen again. I do love being in the kitchen and I know some women moan about being stuck in the kitchen but I am truly happy when in there . I must admit I am quite proud of what I made and even my brother in law to be praised them !!( he usually doesn't
say much ).
White chocolate buttons , boy it was hard work stopping the boys from eating these !!


The children ( 13 in all ) were very eager to try them out and didn't last very long .I even managed to save one for my husband , he had been a little disappointed he hadn't been able to sample one !! 
Cappuccino Cake with white chocolate ganache , yum yum !! Just simple home baking and it went down a treat !!

I'm going to keep cracking on with things and lets see where it gets me !!
So thanks for popping by and ta ta for now.xx

22 comments:

  1. everything you made looks amazing!,from sewing to cakes - Wow. Ok you know I am going to have to buy a button mould now. I have the same alphabet stamps, so guess what Im going to try? Lovely blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Vixen, why thank you!!! I think you seriously need a chocolate button mould, they are Fab!
    you'll have loads of fun with it .A bit of advice about the stamps , make sure your biscuit is cut fairly thick so you can make a deep indentation. Glad you found some inspiration.
    Thanks for popping by with kind regards Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely blog you have, it's gorgeous, love the Mice, clever cupcakes, and such wonderful chocolate buttons, really true chocolate buttons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Aunty Bee , Thanks for popping by I'm so happy when people like my makes and I'm in love with my new chocolate buttons mould .It's been very hard work not eating them whilst making them . I tend to bake for other peoples enjoyment as I don't eat cakes, buns, biscuits and chocolate any more ( well I try not to !!).
      Anyway have a lovely weekend with kind regards Tracy .

      Delete
  4. Wow!!!!! Is there no end to your talents?????? Everything looks so amazing and proffessional. And I love the Christmas mice. Will you be making more to sell at Christmas? If so I'd like to pre order a hair (with stripy legs) and Mrs Mouse please.

    Have a wonderful weekend. Mine is a working one, fri and sat nights and I have a birthday blanket to concentrate on getting finished.

    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Poppy cottage ,why thank you but I feel my baking has quite a way to go yet before it could be considered professional!!! Yes I will be producing the mice for Christmas and as soon as I have a batch ready I will message you . I managed to source some more red and white spotty fabric yesterday so I could start quite soon with them. I will show all the Hares once there finished before I put them up for sale ;) .
      Try and have a lovely weekend , it's hard having to work nights hopefully you will get some time to have a bit of creative blankety fun ! With kind regards Tracy xx

      Delete
  5. Your hares are looking fab Tracy! Ooh and your bakes are AmAzInG!! I have a rubber alphabet stamp set too, what a super idea. Loving your chocolate buttons too.
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Victoira , thank you for your wonderful comments about my makes . I have been having fun in the kitchen !!! I just wish I could devote more time to finishing the Hares .But I will get there eventually !
    Hope you have a lovely weekend with kind regards Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy your chocolate buttons are so cute - and so professional too. In fact they look like real buttons. Those cupcakes look amazing. And I love the idea of stamping on the biscuits!!!
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki, thank you for the compliment I have had a lot of fun with my chocolate button mould .I will post the name of the shop where I bought it from ,as soon as I find out what its called ( I just call it the cook shop as I have no idea what it's called and I've only been going in there for years !!!).Your quite local to me so you may want to go buy one, they are very inexpensive .
      Thanks for popping by and have a lovely weekend (what ever the weather ).
      With kind regards Tracy xx

      Delete
    2. What super sewing and baking creations! I too would be very interested in a mouse or hare if you may be selling any in the future. I know you have considered an etsy shop-I read your blog regularly but first time I have left a comment. I really do admire your handiwork in the craft and baking departments!,,

      Delete
    3. That would be great Tracy, I suddenly find I can't live without a chocolate button mould, so would be great to know where to get one.

      PS - I love your mice too!!!

      N xx

      Delete
  8. Wow Tracy what a wonderful post. You have so many talents. Great to see the little production of hares, they all look super. As for the cakes......those are gorgeous. You sister will have an amazing wedding cake. I agree that I had to read that the choc buttons were choc and not real buttons..amazing. Enjoy the bank holiday weekend,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane , goodness me all these compliments are making me feel quite embarrassed . I do struggle with taking praise but thank you for your kind words .I want to do a good job for my sister and brother in law to be , so I want to get lots of practise in !! I'm going to get the details of the shop where I bought my button mould from and post it a.s.a.p . They are such fun to make !
      Thanks for popping by and have a lovely weekend with kind regards Tracy.x

      Delete
  9. delicious cupcakes they are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy, I'm totally mesmerized by your talent!!! Your mice and of course your hares are FABULOUS!!! If you accept per-orders, I would love to place mine. I don't have a blog and I'm willing to give you my email and address but I don't know how to provide it to you. I live in the USA, I mention it because I hope you will mail internationally. Do you have an email that I can send you my information. Thank you so much!!!! Liz B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Liz , I'm so glad you like my creations , this sort of response to my work is what keeps me going when some days it feels like an up hill struggle . Please watch this space as I'm getting quite close to being able to start an Etsy shop and yes I will be shipping to the USA . At this stage I don't feel ready to take pre-orders , but as soon as things are ready to sell I will do a blog post to let people following my blog know what will be available . Once mice production is in full swing there will plenty for people to buy .I hope this answers your questions for now .
    Thanks for popping by and enjoy your weekend with kind regards Tracy . x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Heavens, Tracy, do you ever sleep? What a lot of fabulous creations - you are truely amazing! So looking forward to your Etsy shop. Thank you for the inspiration - am off to fire up the oven... Deborah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deborah , Do I ever sleep ? Yes, but I have been known to get up after being in bed only a couple hours to start an idea !!. I have now taken to keeping a sketch book at the side of my bed to write and sketch ideas down .
      Thankyou for the compliment , I'm glad you like my makes , I too am looking forward to opening my Etsy shop !! . I just need to remain focused. I like the sound of firing up the oven , I hope you make something deliciously comforting !
      Thanks for popping by and enjoy the rest of the week , with kind regards Tracy.

      Delete
  13. Wow Tracy the baking all looks amazing and very much professional! I would be very happy to have had those for my big day. School hols are nearly over so hopefully you will get a little more time to craft then. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are freakin' clever! Love the mice! They are so cute and wonderful. I love how you drew icing skeletons on the dinosaur cookies. Creative that is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your marzipan (and other) decorations, so pretty. thought you might be interested in this martha stewart tutorial on marzipan animals. might give you some ideas for wedding cake topper, how to make people?
    http://www.marthastewart.com/929957/marzipan-menagerie-cake-toppers-how

    ReplyDelete