Sunday, 22 July 2012

Little suprises make life sweet !!

Well , I can't believe it's been two weeks since I last blogged .  In fact yesterday was the first time in 4 days I had checked my e-mails . It's been pretty full on around here my eldest child is going to secondary school and there's been lots of extra events to go to relating to that and leaving do's at primary school . As well as working extra to cover for colleges and just general day to day life . But that doesn't matter now as we have broken up for six weeks . Yes , no more work for six weeks so as well as planning to have a fab time with the boy's and hubby when he has his two weeks off , I'm going to seriously sort out getting my stock made so I can open my etsy shop !!!! I woulds so love to be in a position very soon to hand my notice in at work and concentrate on what I really want to do !! The Hare's have been in very slow production but full steam ahead now !!

I think I'm going to have to start out today by saying a big THANK YOU to the lovely  Poppy Cottage @ poppycottage18.blogspot.co.uk .Thursday morning before I dashed to work an unexpected package arrived , obviously very excited  I rushed to open it . Oh my goodness me I found a beautiful card depicting a scene of Bridport and a lovely little pink envelope . In side were two delightful crochet hooks , just the right size for producing my sweet little Granny square Hare jumpers !!! ( poppy cottage had enquired a couple of weeks ago to what size hooks I used for the projects I do , but I had thought this a general query .)


Here they are a Clover 2.5 mm Ergonomic , which I absolutely adore and will be purchasing in different sizes . there is none off the slipperiness of my old one !!! As well there was a 2.5mm Bamboo crochet hook which is also delightful , This was purchased from a lady called Julie Norton who has an ebay shop called SewUknit .It is a lovely crochet hook to use but I think I would have to use it with a 3 ply yarn as the hook is a bit small to catch my 4 ply . But I am seriously considering purchasing some bamboo crochet hooks too . Both hooks are much much better than my old one . Once again I am amazed by the generosity of people who make up this blogging community . I've only been blogging 7 months but I love it more and more !! If we could bottle this sort of selfless generosity up and give a spoonful to everyone , what a wonderful world we would live in !!
This is me at tea time in the kitchen in the middle of making tea and waiting for things to cook using my lovely new Clover hook , Thanks again poppy cottage you've made making my Hare jumpers even more of a pleasure to make . ( please excuse the splashes of food on my apron I'm a rather messy cook !! In fact my mum always used to say that I was covered in " canteen medals " , guess I've never grown out of slopping food down myself ).

Another highlight Of the last fortnight I'd like to share with you is our little family trip to Saltaire ( World Heritage Site ) in West Yorkshire last Sunday . It's about 11 miles down valley from where we live . We go every few months to Salts Mill , which has the most amazing Art gallery and Book shop . My eldest son  when we told him where we were going said  " ah ,Salts Mill a place of quite contemplation " this is so true . But this time we only bought arts and craft things for the boys to use over the holidays , no major book purchases for me or hubby . However  when we walked up into saltaire to go browsing around the lovely boutique and vintage shops I was smitten by the most delightfully promising little pair of step ladders . The first shop we went into was Rose & Browns Vintage and antique furniture & homeswares  www.roseandbrownvintage.co.uk .
 There they were just calling to me with the yellow flaky paint , I um and aah  , got a funny look from husband and left the shop to think about my possible purchase . Needless to say I went back and bought them . ( I do have a policy of if I'm unsure of a purchase that I leave the premises and return later and if the items still there it's meant to be , yes a risky strategy I know but I believe in Fate ! ).
So here are the step ladders , I thought they had the potential to be a great way to display future stock , but not in there present state !!
This is them a couple of hours later , I'm quite pleased the finished result !!
This is where they reside a present , my newly reorganised landing area . So that was a little peek into a couple of little things that have made busy life just that bit sweeter  !! So it's ta ta for now and I will be back much sooner .XX

28 comments:

  1. Love the stepladders Tracy! They look great with your hares on. Speaking of hares, I've been sorting things out today and found Andy's old linen trousers (fat face ones) that are totally worn through beyond repair, but if you want them for hares or other making projects, they're yours.
    Are we doing crochet tomorrow? xxxx Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Thank you for that mention. And my pleasure. Love the quilt on the VERY tidy landing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Poppy cottage , the quilt on the landing I made some years ago and am itching to make another quilt but still trying to decide on a design !! The landing was only very tidy as I'de blitzed it the day before in a start of the holidays deep clean !!
      Enjoy the week ahead with kind regards Tracy xx
      Thanks again I love the clover !!

      Delete
  3. Your stepladder looks fabulous Tracy. It's nice to indulge in something new/old when you're out and about, and then to have the fun of bringing it home and finding the right place for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudy , Yes it is nice to indulge in something every now and then , but we have decided to try and purchase furniture that is either vintage or antique and up cycle things, ( this also fits in with our very tiny budget for such purchases !!).
      Have a creative week ahead with kind regards Tracy x

      Delete
  4. Hi Tracy, you bid a wonderful job on those mini step ladders....perfect for displaying your gorgeous makes.
    Jacquie x
    p.s. "canteen medals " made me smile :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacquie , Glad I made you smile with " canteen medals " but it's true !, put it this way I never wear a white top as it tempting fate.
      Have a creative week with kind regards Tracy x

      Delete
  5. Delightful little stepladders and they are indeed serving a useful purpose in displaying two adorable hares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley , They are sweet steps aren't they and very soon they will be too many hares for those stairs to cope with !! Lol
      Have a lovely week with kind regards Tracy x

      Delete
  6. Brilliant buy there Tracy..the hares look fab placed on them. I so agree about the blogging community..I have been blogging for nearly 2 years and have "met" some lovely people and yes their kindness never ceases to amaze me! Enjoy your summer, my daughter's wedding is this Saturday....SO exciting and we are keeping fingers crossed that this glorious sunshine hold. Have a productive and fun week,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane , Oh we both have celebration on Saturday , It is my eldest's sons 11th Birthday on Saturday and were having a house party for him . A wedding how fantastic !!I sure your daughter will have a wonderful day and so will you .I will keep my fingers crossed for you too I'm sure the sun will shine !! Have a wonderful weekend celebrating this special moment in your life's ..... happy times !!
      With kind regards Tracy x!

      Delete
  7. Oh I love the stepladders. They look fantastic after your makeover!

    I too love the Clover soft touch crochet hooks. They are just so much more comfy than any others I've found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hazel , thank you I am rather pleased with how the ladders have turned out and I think they will work well to display stock !! ( just need to get on with making the stock !!!!)
      I am now a Clover fan too !
      Enjoy the week ahead with kind regards Tracy . x

      Delete
  8. Hi Tracy,

    Blog hopping and landed here! what a lovely blog. Can't wait to catch up on your last 7 months. Your clover hook drew me in .... I adore mine ... its so comfy and glidey ... if thats a word!

    Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate , it's always lovely when someone new pops by ,I too adore my new clover !!! and it is comfy and glidey .
      Have a lovely week with kind regards Tracy x

      Delete
  9. Love the steps, so pretty with your bits and bobs on!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Victoria , I'm quite smitten with little ladders !!!
    Have a lovely week with kind regards Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your new little stepladder, even in its original 'shabby chic' state! It's just perfect for your hares. They're so sweet! Do let us know when your Etsy shop is open. I'm smitten with your hares!

    Must try one of those Clover Ergonomic hooks. I found a little shop in a craft centre locally that stocks them, and I'll probably go back there. I also have the habit of walking away when I want something. If I still want it later and it's still there, then it's the right decision to buy it.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love step ladders and yours whilst looking good in its raw state is now absolutely stunning. They make a perfect backdrop for your hares. I am so looking forward to seeing your Etsy shop. I very shyly opened mine today. I was a little nervous but there are some wonderful, generous people out there in Blogland.

    Wishing you a lovely summer.

    Stephanie

    ps I cannot crochet yet but I use a 0.75 mm Clover to thread glass beads onto my knitting. It is a real treat to use.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving your,Hares, quilt,step ladder and everything :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Little black footprints , thank you for your compliments .
      It's lovely of you to pop by and have a fab weekend !!
      with kind regards Tracy .x

      Delete
  14. Love your steps, perfect for displaying your wonderful hares.
    Saltaire is on our 'must visit list'
    Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol , I too am pleased with how the step ladders are working out and I couldn't believe my luck I found another pair in a local collectables shop at a fraction of the price . Ohh I was sooo excited when I saw then and even more excited when I saw the price !!!
      We love saltaire , but I've been visiting Saltaire since I was a small child .I was born in Bradford which is a stones throw away .So as well as The Historic Mill with it's Gallery and book and art shops and the boutique shops there's also a lovely little yarn shop called Saltaire Yarns that's worth a look .
      Thanks for popping by and have a lovely weekend with kind regards Tracy .x

      Delete
  15. Hi Tracey,

    It is uncanny how much your hares look like my bunnies - wonderful! I love everything you do by the way, I wish I had the guts to pack in my day job and create for a living (oh and a husband as understanding as yours must be).

    Good luck for the future x

    Coral xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Carol, Ohhh I will have to pop by an have a look at your Bunnies , there are a few of us out there that are making similar things ( have a look at Millefeuilles blog her bunnies are adorable ). But we all have our own take on the way we make and design which make our products unique to us as designers .
      With regards to having the guts to leaving my job .It's sooo scary but I need to follow my dreams and we only live once . The job I have I took to help me buy fabric and yarns etc , so I could afford to make things to sell and set up a business . But unfortunately the job is in the middle of the day and I loose so much making time it has become a distructive force when it comes to business development.Finacially it will be hard at first , but then we are used to watching the pennies !!!
      Thanks for popping by and hold onto your dreams . you never know one day you might take the plunge !!!
      Have a lovely weekend with kind regards Tracy x

      Delete
  16. wow those steps are adorable - really love browsing round vintage shops and car boots! My friend has just posted about saltaire too so think I might just wander over and have a peep x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Wendy , Oh you really need to visit Saltaire it's a lovely place , try and go during the week when everythings open . There's also a lovely little yarn shop ( Saltaire Yarns ) she sells a bit of fabric too ( I purchased some lovely flannel last time to make my youngest some p.j') , ).
    Anyway thanks for popping by and have a nice weekend .
    With kind regards Tracy .

    ReplyDelete