Sunday, 24 June 2012

A weekend of buns !!!

Well there has been a bit of an unintentional theme to the last few days . It all started on Friday when I finished work and spent the afternoon baking 125 buns . The reason for this was that our school and nursery were having a stall to promote school at an Olympics event in our town. This event was to celebrate the torch coming through our town today . So as always I'm up for a bit of baking , so  buns baked I received more donations on Saturday morning and did another batch myself . Saturday afternoon was spent pipping the buns with a friend , she made the cream while I pipped . We did just over 200 buns it was hard work but our children played and we had a good old natter !!We packed the buns ready for today's event , It was going to be an early start and we had to start setting up by 8.30 am .Once set up  all the buns were to be given away for free !!



So we set up this morning and the day was great success , all the buns went apart from a couple of casualties that ended up on the floor . Please forgive me for the rather smudgy quality of the bun photo's as I hadn't realised my lens had got a little greasy whilst handling bun's and camera .

 But that was not my only involvement in  making buns this weekend , my youngest son had a birthday party to go to today , so  last night I sat and did some knitted buns . I thought It would be fun to give a box of knitted buns as a birthday present , as every 5 year old girl needs knitted buns for those all important dollies tea parties !! So here they are and can I just add I did not knit them all last night I only did the two pink ones as I had the others stashed from the last time I made these for a charity event .


 I do like making these bun's and if anyone is intersted in the pattern it is in a very old issue ( no 5) april 08 of Let's Knit ! These buns are great  for raising money ,  I once did them for a Mc Millan Coffee morning and put them on vintage glass cake stands and they went down a treat and raised lots of money .

This weekend has been very very busy , but It"s all been good !!! Hopefully the things I have produced have in some way brightened  up someones day .
Another bit of news is that the hearing in my right ear is returning , Wahay !!!! I'm sooo pleased and thankyou to everyone for your kind messages and prayers !!

Enjoy what is left of your weekend and thanks for popping by , so ta ta for now . X

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful buns! Loving that aqua icing!! Oh and the knitted buns are delightful - wish I could knit!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so good about the hearing in your ear. Keeping my fingers crossed. I really like the cake pattern, could use up some of my stash.

    They are lovely ideas, like you say for children.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely weekend you have had! I love your knitted buns and only wish I could pipe as neatly as you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there , yes it's been a fab weekend and I sooo like knitting those buns !!!
    Thanks for popping by and enjoy the rest of your week .
    With kind regards Tracy x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic buns! Real ones and knitted ones.

    Glad you are feeling so much better and had a great weekend.
    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fleur , Thank you I am nearly back to normal now , Thank goodness I've so much to do and make !!
      So glad you like the buns.
      Enjoy the rest of your week with kind regards Tracy x.

      Delete
  6. The cakes look yummy and look like Lucy from Attic 24 might have had a hand in it.

    I am taking a plate of fabric cakes to Slimming World tonight as we are having a cake evening and have to take something low cal. Can't get any lower than ones you can't eat. It will be a giggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley ,I too go to slimming world,I Got to target last year ,I lost 5 stone 3lbs am still on with the programme as a little bit has gone back on so trying to stay on top of it .
      Glad you like the buns but the Lovely Lucy had no hand in any of the buns , but I do think the colours would appeal to her !!

      I think your fabric cakes will be great fun !!
      Enjoy your week with kind regards Tracy XX

      Delete
  7. Hi there from New Zealand,
    I just adore those knitted buns and think that - never mind the 5 yr old - a grown up lady would certainly enjoy receiving those as a gift too :-)
    What a wonderful idea - glad you ear is mending too.
    Thanks for an inspiring blog, warm regards, Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie , they are quite adorable what ever age those knitted buns !! And thank you I am nearly back to normally with my hearing in my right ear .
      Thanks for popping by and have a lovely week , with kind regards Tracy x

      Delete
  8. I'm very impressed with the buns, both knitted and real! Great work!

    Glad you're feeling better.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali , glad you like the buns and thank you I am feeling loads bettter !!

      Have a lovely week with kind regards Tracy X

      Delete
  9. It would have been a bit like have your cake and eat one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Trudy , even though I do a lot of baking I very rarely eat it . It took me 18 months to loose 5stone 3lbs and there's no way I'm ever going back to that very unhappy size. I got to my target weight last year and it gave my confidence a real boost .I feel like I did in my early twenties ,you know that ready to take on the world sort of energy . So I think the best sort of buns for me are the knitted variety !!!
    Thanks for popping by and have a lovely week with my warmest regards Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um lovely those buns look good enough to eat, my you have been busy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum yum, I have to say those buns were very good and my little boy enjoyed his!!!! We popped over for the day out after the car boot and were delighted to partake in the olympic torch activities. My little boy gave the activities a good go at the FOSS stall and he was delighted to get a cake for his efforts.
    Just having a look now to see if I can locate the pattern for the cakes as I have two young girls in the family that would love those for tea parties! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Wendy ,Sooo glad your little boy enjoyed his bun and had fun on Sunday, the atmosphere in town was fantastic !!Let me know if you can't find the pattern as I could maybe email you the basic pattern .
    Enjoy the rest of your week with kind regards Tracy x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh if only I could knit, those buns are great! Good for you for doing so much out of kindness. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cupcakes/buns! I need to practice "piping" as my last try was a disaster! LOL! What a giving person you are to do all those to give away. What a neat thing to have the torch go through your town. Did you get to see it? I love the Olympics and have since I can remember. I will sit glues to the telly watching everything I can! I REALLY like the equestrian but they don't televise much of it here.
    I love your knitted buns. Maybe someday in your "spare" time...LOL, you could publish the pattern as I imagine it would be hard to get that issue now. They are just precious!
    So glad you got your hearing back! You poor dear!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just popped over from ANDAMENTO and really enjoyed my visit! What a wonderful thing to bake all those cupcakes. Love how you transported them. Oh, my favorite hook is Susan Bates bamboo handled hook. Just the right amount of thickness for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These buns are really, really gorgeous!!!! :)
    Best regards from Brazil

    ReplyDelete