Saturday, 2 June 2012

A week enjoying flowers !!

Well another week has whizzed by but what a fabulous start to the week I had . Monday morning this beauty greeted us when I opened the blind . How can a flower like this poppy not make you feel good first thing on a Monday morning !!! The boys and I went out to have a closer look , we were quite bold over by it's beauty . We've had people stopping to take pictures of our poppies , not only are they stunning but they are quite a size too !!!
Monday was so hot as well , so to take advantage of this I suggested that we had our Monday evening Crochet session in  my little back yard . This was so we could enjoy the remaining heat of the day and take advantage of the last of the sunlight  , there was a resounding yes to the idea . So I cut some flowers from my garden to make a pretty display on my table ready for my friends , I do like to make fuss of my friends !!!




So table prepared , assorted snacks sorted and Pimm's chilling nicely , the Crochet group arrived and boy did we have a night !!!!


Our little crochet evening actually turned into quite a party , we got a little tipsy had a really good laugh and did a little crochet , what a way to start the week !!!! All my flowers plus some that one of the my crochet friends brought me  all went on my little table next to my favourite chair in the bay . So as I sit sewing I can enjoy the wildly sweet fragrance of these pretty garden flowers . What a pleasure it has been enjoying these flowers in such close proximity.




So this week I really have enjoyed my flowers and as I sat this afternoon sewing ( a cushion that is nearly finished , I will have a ta da moment very soon ) in my fravourite chair listening to a c.d , having a freshly ground cup of coffee , I just thought that life is full of perfect moments and all  we need to do is to take a bit of time to sit back and appreciate what we have .
So now I'm looking forward to a week off work with the boys and my hubby . Our days will no doudt be dictated by the weather . So thanks for popping by and ta ta for now. x

16 comments:

  1. What gorgeous flowers and such an idyllic setting for your crochet party. Have a wonderful Jubilee weekend, hope you have fun.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane , My back yard is bijou but I do try to make the most of the space I have and I do like to make a fuss of my friends when they come to visit .
      Hope your enjoying your weekend , thanks for popping by with kind regards Tracy . x

      Delete
  2. Love all your flower photos.......xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , I am enjoying my garden and flowers at the moment , the bit of sun and heat we've had has really helped push things along !!
      Thanks for popping by with kind regards Tracy .

      Delete
  3. What amazing poppies! Stunning colour. Your crochet night sounds like a lot of fun! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel , The colour of the Oriental Poppies is outstanding , it is so vibrant and the purple in the middle is exquisite . We do have a giggle on a Monday night at crochet !!
      Thanks for popping by and enjoy the week ahead kind regards Tracy .x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous post Tracy! Such pretty blooms!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria , I am loving my flowers this week It's amazing what a bit of much needed sun and heat does to a garden .Also It's so nice when you can bring some of your garden into your home to enjoy . The delicate sweet fragrance that has been coming of the has been delightful .
      Thanks for popping by and enjoy the week ahead with kind regards Tracy x

      Delete
  5. Fabulos flowers and what a great place for the crochet group to meet.
    Hope you enjoy the rest of the Jubilee weeken.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol , so pleased you like the flowers and I do think I need to plant more flowers for cutting in the garden , but my garden and yard are a work in progress ( I think it always will be !!). I have a humble home with only a limited space out side the front and back of my house . But I do try and make the most of it , and make it a pleasure to be in and look at .
      Enjoy the Jubilee celebrations with kind regards Tracy .

      Delete
  6. Your flowers are beautiful! Such a good idea to group them in little containers like that! And I love the poppy. The centre's a gorgeous shade of purple. I'm inspired to sit with tea and some lovely classical music to do my crochet now.

    Have a lovely Jubilee weekend, despite the traditional Bank Holiday weather!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali , I am enjoying using little containers for flowers , it certainly makes a small selection of flowers go much further and make more of an impact . I'm so glad you were inspired to relax with a cup of tea and music whist crocheting .
      Enjoy the Jubilee celebrations with kind regards Tracy .

      Delete
  7. Hmm, sounds like a perfect evening. Wish I lived near.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley , It was a lovely evening , it's such a shame your not close enough to pop by for a bit of crochet and a glass of Pimms .
      Enjoy your week ahead with kind regards Tracy .

      Delete
  8. That orange poppy is stunning!! And I love all your little vases of single flowers : -)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudy ,the oriental poppies that have come up this year are so special . When we had rain a couple of days ago two poppy heads snapped off so I took them into the nursery where I work . The children loved looking at them , they were out with magnifying glasses having a good look and some of them sat drawing them .Who couldn't be inspired when presented with such natural beauty !! ( even if your only 3 or 4 years old ).
      Enjoy your week with kind regards Tracy

      Delete