Friday, 18 May 2012

Two parcels in one day , I am a lucky lady !!!!!

Well what a wonderful start to the day , I took delivery of two parcels this morning .One totally unexpected the other anticipated .The first  from Australia was totally out of the blue , I checked the senders address and recognised it . It was from the lovely winner of Hannabelle Cordelia Hare , it was Sam at Ryemilan's Ramblings a very talented Lady who lives down under .

 I was totally overcome with excitement , so I carefully opened the box  . I don't usually like surprises but I was enjoying this one !!

I couldn't believe it , it was one of Sam's beautifully handmade cards . I was quite giddy at this point  so I sat and read her lovely message then continued carefully unpacking the box .
Look what the lovely lady has sent as a thank you , how kind and thoughtful !!! A kookaburra which my youngest son has added to his family of stuffed toy birds ( he has a Mallard Duck , A Humming Bird , Owls  , and a House Sparrow and now a Kookaburra ). Also a pack of pencils as well as one of Sam's Beautifully made Sun catcher . Check out the beautiful detail on this glass .



I am going to have to find a very special place for this , I can't wait to see the sun light bounce of the glass and crystals !!!  Sam also makes some beautiful  glass beaded jewellery (and sun catchers ) check her out she has lot's of creative stuff on the go !!! As well as being a big hearted generous Lady , thank you Sam and I'm so glad Hannabelle Likes her new home and family. 
Then whilst talking to a friend in our very small front garden the post lady pasted me a purple package , ooohhh two parcels in one day  how lucky am I !!!!. Once inside I dashed upstairs with camera in hand to the best light in the house to open my eagerly anticipated parcel . It didn't disappoint take a look !!




I won this superbly knitted bag a week ago on a yarntastic blog called  Fleur Cotton , I was quite gob smacked when I found out I had won her lovely creation ,the knitting and detail are beautifully executed and it is lined with such a sweet little floral print . When I entered the give away on fleurs blog I had a little lady in mind who I know would love this and she will be receiving it very soon .It was quite a morning ,  but then I had to put all the excitement aside and go to work !!!
However this evening I have been playing with my new printer , I was so pleased with my photo's of my threads spools I thought they would look good blown up and framed . I have a very bare wall at the top of the first floor stairs which needs some images to create some intrest !!! So I have blown them up to A4 size prints and they look quite good just need some frames now !! Maybe that will be tomorrows little mission !!
So ta ta for now and have a grand weekend !!

17 comments:

  1. I am so glad that the parcel made it to you so quickly and safely Tracy, and that you are enjoying the contents!

    Very best wishes to you and your family.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lovely Lady , thank you ever so much .What a kind and generous thing to do , I love the contents and the sun catcher is absolutely beautiful . All I need now is some sun to shine on the sun catcher , it's such a shame you can't parcel up a bit of that Australian sunshine ,all we've had is rain for the last few weeks with the prospect for the next few days as well !!! Hey Ho we do live in Yorkshire and we should be used to the weather .
      With kind regards to you and your family , have a lovely weekend Tracy xx

      Delete
  2. how lovely! i love getting nice post! enjoy! the spool pictures are perfect for a craft room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yesterday morning was so lovely . I'm on the hunt for picture frames today for the spool photos .I've now got two places in mind for them to go and I will be sure to post when I've completed this little project .
      Have a fab weekend and thanks for popping by .
      Kind regards Tracy.

      Delete
  3. ooooh, yes you are a luck lady! What lovely parcels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I feel very lucky ,I just hope the sun shines soon so I can see the sun catcher in action !!
    Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for popping by.
    Kind regards Tracy .

    ReplyDelete
  5. It never ceases to amaze me just what kindness exists in blogland and it makes me happy to see someone on the receiving end. What lovely gifts you had. Kindness gets kindness back I believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shirley , I totally agree I'm starting to realise what wonderful people are here in blogland !! I feel very lucky this weekend to receive such lovely things .
      Hope your enjoying your weekend .
      Kind regards Tracy.

      Delete
  6. What lovely parcels! And I love your pictures of spools. They look so artistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ali ,I'm a very lucky lady to receive such lovely things .I must confess I was rather pleased with my spool pictures , I'm glad you like them too.
      Thanks for popping by and have a lovely weekend .
      With kind regards tracy

      Delete
  7. Hi Tracy,
    So glad you received the parcel safely, just wanted to say thank you for your lovely comments about my bag, I am so delighted that your are pleased with it.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Fleur ,Praise where praise is due, the bag is fab !!! Keep up the wonderful knitting!!!!
    Have a lovely weekend with kind regards Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blog, found you via Lucy at Attic 24 ... Love your old spools, fill me with nostalgia and remind me of my Mam who sewed and upholstered when I was a little girl. I would sit for hours sorting her cotton reels into size and shade, this has brought it all back. Happy Days! Have a lovely week, Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just arrived at your blog via Attic 24!!!! I love your spool photos and am regretting all the spools that my mother and I must have thrown out when we moved to Australia ah well, in 50 years some artistic person may be taking photos of dull old plastic ones - ! Thank you for such a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just started following you and came over from Lucy's place at Attic24. You did get some beautiful things in the mail for sure! I loved your spool pictures and what a great idea to enlarge and frame them. You could sell those too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like Sam I Am I found your blog thru Attic 24,,and I am glad I did,,isnt if like christmas getting parcels in the mail..and what awesome presents you received,,look forward to reading your blog..
    Devon
    p.s. I am having a giveaway over on my blog come check it out..
    www.devonstitching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fantastic packages! Lucky you! Also arrived here from Attic 24. Love reading the blogs from you Yorkshire lasses (I am one too!).

    ReplyDelete