Friday, 25 May 2012

Pottering in the sunshine !!

Well another week has passed me by , unfortunatley I've had a bout of illness this week .I had a couple of days off of work but spent my time either sleeping or pottering very slowly !! I normally don't do ill or slow but I had no choice this time . Although I have missed some glorious and much welcome sunshine , I did find time yesterday and this morning to do a little pottering in my garden and yard . I've  had to go slow and not wanting to totally miss out on the fantastic sunshine , I have tried to spend time in the wonderfully therapeutic heat of the sun . I got myself comfty with a nice cold drink and the radio playing in the background and  observed  all the wonderful colours and texture that are starting to develop in my little back yard and small front garden . So often lately I've not had time to sit and just spend time looking and appreciating the enviroment I live in . The  greens are becoming lush now , the different textures are building up with the occasional hit of vibrant colour from spring flowers . So here's a look at my small scale Eden !!
These are the plants that live on the shady side of the yard , this is my favourite spot in the back at the moment !!










This is life so far this spring in the sunny front garden !!






Life in the garden is progressing nicely and with the heat were having things should come on leaps and bounds now . I have also come to realise it should not take a bout of illness to make me slow down , I need time out every so often to just sit and kick back !!

14 comments:

  1. Your photos are so clear. Love to know what camera you used to take them......xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening ,I'm glad you like the photos , would you believe I take them on my phone !! I've stopped using my camera as my phone takes better pics .My Android phone is a Samsung Nexus and I love it and I always have it with me .When I relied on my camera I was always forgetting to pick it up .
      But thanks for popping by and have a Lovely weekend .
      Kind regards Tracy.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos. The welcome sunshine makes us and the plants feel much better. Hope you are feeling much better and, yes, it does you good to slow down.
    Have a lovely restful weekend.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Carol ,Oh the sun shine is so welcome !! I am 100 % better thanks and slowing down is good .I will try not to do too much this weekend .
      Hope you get to enjoy the sunshine with kind regards Tracy . x

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well but I think you're right...sometimes the universe has a way of forcing us to take it slow and pay attention to it's beauty and peacefulness. Your plants are beautiful and luscious and thanks for sharing your garden with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed snap shots of my garden ,I do enjoy spending time pottering in my garden and yard and it is a constant work in progress .But I find the time I spend gardening so therapeutic as I do with hand sewing and crochet .
      Have a wonderful weekend with kind regards Tracy .xx

      Delete
  4. Hope you are soon feeling 100%again soon.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou I am back in fine fettle but am having an easy weekend !!
      Thanks for popping by and have a lovely sun filled weekend .
      Kind regards Tracy xx

      Delete
  5. Hope you are feeling better now and enjoying the sunshine. Long overdue and most welcome. Your Hosta's look very healthy whenever we have grown them they just get eaten by slugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shirley , I'm going to make the most of the sun this weekend .My Hosta's are very lush at the moment, I am just waiting for the morning I come out and they've been munched on .It is inevitable, so I am enjoying them while they look so good . But I don't seem to have a slug problem at the moment , this may be due to abundance of birds that are feeding in our garden at the moment.We have observed them picking the greenfly from the roses , every year I have to spray for green and black fly but this year there's not much of a problem !! Isn't nature great ! we are blessed to see such beauty on a daily basis.
      Have a wonderful weekend with kind regards Tracy xx .

      Delete
  6. I love your photos. It is so much easier to use your camera phone - and much more discreet when you are out and about. This week I had to slow down too. With the sun shining, I sat in my garden, read a book and listened to the radio. I feel much better and more relaxed now, and hope hope you do too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning , I'm glad you have had chance to recharge your batteries too . I am back in fine fettle too now .
      Have a lovely sunny relaxing weekend with kind regards Tracy xx

      Delete
  7. Hello, Tracy!!
    Greetings from the South of Spain. I arrived to your blog through Attic24-Lucy's one.
    Here, in my region, the sun boils (now we are over 30ºC) and no watter from the sky. So the best plants we could gardening are cactus.
    I'm fascinated with your plants. I'm a bit jealous, and as you need to see the sun bright, my eyes needs green and fresh grass.
    Thanks to show us your particular garden.

    Keeping in touch, Montse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos! So many different greens! So glad you are feeling a bit better - hope the sunshine lasts long enough for you to enjoy it. x

    ReplyDelete