Saturday, 26 May 2012

Playing with Crochet !!

 Well this is just a quickie post , after doing all my chores and painting our front door today I decided to take some time out and sit in the sun . I've been toying with the idea for some time now of doing a stash buster project , not sure whether it will be a blanket or a bag . But in any case I thought it might be nice to sit and play with a few yarns and do some crochet . I looked at quite a few books and patterns for inspiration and not a single one hit the spot . So I sat and made it up , I knew I wanted a circle in a square and this is what I've come up with and I sure it won't be an original idea , I'm sure someone somewhere has done something similar. But I am quite proud of the fact that I worked something out in crochet without following a pattern . I'm also going for colour combinations that are out of my usual colour pallet . I want vivid colour and I think i may go for a black boarder around each square . Ooooo I'm a little excited about my new sqaures .

I hope you have a creative weekend too !!! ta ta for now  .

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations, they are really nice!
    And so is your use of colour I think.
    It's always so nice to do something a bit different,isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you ,I'm glad you like the squares the idea is still very much a work in progress !! Roll on my Monday evening crochet session , I can't wait to show the girls !!
      Thanks for popping by with kind regards Tracy xx

      Delete
  2. I have been experimenting with some stitches and squares too and have come up with one I like for a scarf to crochet in the future. It feels really good to think of your pattern. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Enjoy. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I do love a bit of experimenting !!! and it is so nice when an idea works out .
      Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for popping by Tracy xx

      Delete
  3. Well done on figuring it out yourself, it's more than I could do! :D They look great, will look forward to seeing what you do with them. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny , thanks for popping by . I think I've decided to make a big bag with these squares , something that doesn't take too long . As well I could wear these colours but they wouldn't fit into any colour scheme I have in my house .
      Enjoy the rest of your weekend with kind regards Tracy xx

      Delete
  4. Those are really pretty! I like working in crochet because I find it easier to make things up without a pattern. And little squares are so exciting. So many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali, I too like the flexibility of being able to make things up with crochet ( this helps as I don't fully understand the patterns anyway !!!!) Unlike knitting, I do like patterns when knitting .
      Enjoy what's left of your weekend and thanks for popping by Tracy .xx

      Delete
  5. Ooooh! This is going to be lovely! Especially with black borders. I can't wait to see it as it progresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lilea , I'm off to buy some black d.k cotton tomorrow as all the stash I'm using are cotton .I may need to get just a couple of bright colours as well , don't you love how an idea to use up oddments normally involves buying just a couple more balls of yarn !! But it's great fun isn't it : ) who can complain when a visit to a wool shop is in the offing !!
      Thanks for popping by with kind regards Tracy xx

      Delete
  6. They look really lovely. A stash buster....... that sounds like a really good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are looking lovely! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the minty green and cream, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are lovely. It's great to play about with the pattern yourself isn't it? They are similar to some that I am working on at the moment. I wish I had chosen a final border that was the same colour for all of them. It would make stitching up much neater. Mine are going to be some sort of cardigan for my daughter. I originally intended to have it done for the jubilee weekend (think red, white and blue cotton yarn) but I don't think that is going to happen. Ready by the Olympics maybe?

    ReplyDelete