Saturday, 5 May 2012

Busy Busy Busy !!!

 Well    it's been over a week since I last posted , the extra hours I'm working  for the next few weeks are really starting to play havoc with my life  , I'm pretty much behind with everything .I'm behind on the house work  , my sewing and blogging !!!
 But on the bright side it's the Bank Holiday weekend !! wahay . I have hit the weekend with real gusto , I woke this morning with serious energy to clean and organise . By 9.am my eldest sons bedroom was cleaned , hoovered and bedding changed . Then I came out of his room to tackle my studio area,  this is situated under the stairs to the master bedroom . Then an idea hit me , why don't I move my studio up to the master bedroom under the eves as the light is so good up there . The light evenings are progressing and I would have fantastic light for sewing up there , so I set too and here is the result . A day of re-organising my stuff  has been hard work but I've enjoyed it .  I also cleaned our room as well , killed two birds with one stone .


I do love our bedroom , I find  it sooo  Tranquil up there . It's one of my favourite rooms in our humble home ! Especially when it's had a good clean and  the bed has been made up with freshly ironed bed linen . AAhhh bliss !!
So I am looking forward to using my new space , as you can see from the pictures the light just floods in . It was amazing looking at things that I've not seen for a while . That's one good thing about re-organising you rediscover projects and items ( In my case my wool stash ) that have been packed away and forgotten about . I found these wrist warmers I was going to make for spring . Now that we are in spring I think I should finish them , particularly as it doesn't seem to be warming up much !!




One other bit of news is that Hanabelle Cordelia Hare has arrived at her new home in Australia . She was a  little jet lagged   but is settling in nicely with her new family . Unfortunatley  I cannot upload the picture Sam sent me of Hannabelle but If you pay Sam a visit at Ryemilan's Ramblings you'll be able to see Hannabelle taking it easy as well as Sam's creative collages , she has such a fun blog full of creativity !
So thanks for popping by and I hope you have a brilliant weekend whatever your up to !!

15 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I'm not the only person who irons their bedding! ;) Love your newly organized space. I work up in my attic bedroom too. Definitely the best light in dark Yorkshire days, and uber bright if the sun shines! Let's hope it does soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one too , I cannot stand to get into a bed that is all crumpled !!!! . Most of my Friends think I'm mad , most of them do not iron bedding . Even my children get beautifully pressed bedding ,in fact I iron everything apart from underpants and knickers !! I've made most of our bedding and it is either cotton or linen and I like to look after the things I make .So if I have to spend time Ironing so be it .
      Hope you have a brilliant Bank Holiday kind regards Tracy xx.

      Delete
  2. Oh I do love a good clean and organise session :) your bedroom looks beautiful!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria, I do love my bedroom !! One thing I would like to do is make a lacy crochet blanket in a Linen colour for the bed , one day I may get around to it !!
      Have a lovely weekend , kind regards Tracy xx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely bedroom, the colour of your back wall (is it sage green?) looks so restful....beautiful.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend. If you have the chance pop over to my blog as I have a great giveaway you may be interested in.

    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fleur , The colour of the feature wall is called 'Antique Linen'it is a paint from the Jeff Banks 'Ports of Call' range . It does have quite a green hue to it !!
      Fab give away Fleur , I've got my fingers crossed .
      Enjoy your weekend with kind regards Tracy xx

      Delete
  4. I iron my bedding too! Love a clean and tidy bedroom with fresh linen on the bed. I love your new studio area - great wool stash!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really Enjoyed sleeping in those pressed sheets last night , sheer bliss !! Thanks for popping by and have a lovely weekend , Kind regards Tracy xx.

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous craft room and I love the bedroom too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou , I do try and make the rooms in our house nice to be in .I make and do as much my self , for instance the only thing on the bed that was bought already made was the King size duvet cover and matching pillow cases .The cushion covers were made from very nice Linen Tea towels ,I made the sheets and the folded Linen throw folded on the bottom of the bed I made from a stash Of Kate Formann Linen ,two weeks after having my second child !! I just refuse to buy things I know I can make !!
      Anyway have a lovely weekend , kind regards Tracy xx

      Delete
  6. I can see what you men bout your bedroom being tranquil. I have a week more of my son and his Dad's dog in my little cottage and then m going to have a massive blitz and tidy. Must be that time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it is that time of year !!! I've spent all day sorting my back yard cleaning it after winter. I've been moving pots ,pruning ,weeding,sweeping and generally re-organising everything .Boy am I going to sleep well tonight !!
      Enjoy spending time with your son and his dog , have a fab weekend kind regards Tracy xx.

      Delete
  7. NOTHING beats natural light for all sewing and handwork! Beautiful little place for happy creativity, up under the eaves like Jo, Meg, Beth and Amy in Little Women, where they imagined, and put on their little plays....tucked up where no one can bother you. BRAVO for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having a great space for creating cannot be beaten can it? Your workspace looks brilliant. Enjoy the creativity which will flow and have a productive week,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Tracy, I'm new to your blog and loving it. Love the wrist-warmer's design. Is there a written pattern?

    Thank you so much for giving my day(s) a bright spot.

    Sincerely, Rose

    ReplyDelete