Sunday, 5 February 2012

Finally a bit of sewing time !!


Well I can't believe where the last week has gone ,there have been so many demands on my time that I've been meeting myself coming backwards ! But today I have managed to claim a bit of time to do some sewing and work on the tree cushion cover for a very patient and understanding friend .


The fronts now finished I just need to decide on how I want the back to look. After a bit of playing about I decided that self cover buttons would be a good way of subtly reflecting the fabrics and colours used on the front design.




I then decided i wanted to go for a  subtle injections of colour on the back of the cushion with  quite a tailored look and to let the linen be the dominant fabric.




So tomorrow I need to buy more cover buttons as I think I'm going to use 10 and i may even get to finish this job in the next couple of days. It's always exciting when a project gets close to completion and you can see what was an idea become reality , something tangible to hold and admire!!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Why thank you,hopefully in the next few days I will be able to show the finished cushion, it's been quite an epic journey (due to time restraints !!).
      Have a good week Tracy .

      Delete