Friday, 6 January 2012

Getting on with it !

When I woke this morning I breathed a sigh of relief when I realised there were no strong winds or heavy rains battering our house. The scene out side this morning was a good hard frost , this I can cope with. But it did put me in the mood for some warming food , on this occasion it was going to be home made veg soup.       
  So I set too and got chopping  , Celery, Carrots, onions, Suede, potatoes , cabbage and Garlic . I Added 1 Tin of plum tomatoes and veg stock. Also added salt,  pepper , oregano, thyme and basil .             

   The result was a very comforting  bowl of soup for lunch  ( in truth it was two ). This fuelled me up for an afternoon of working on a friends cushion and sorting out the colours she had picked ( not a colour palate I'm used to working with) , but I am enjoying the challenge.  



   Now time to the a applique , before I can start the quilting and embroidery .  

1 comment:

  1. ooooooooooooooooooo this friend of yours......she has good taste, eh??!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Looking fabby tracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxps love homemade soup but can never be bothered with the chopping, such a shame I am a lazy mare x

    ReplyDelete